Thursday 14 June 2012

Magical Mystery Tour

My friend Mrs Snippet has been teasing myself and another friend for a few weeks now with the knowledge she had of a place we'd love and that she would take us to. Being the big tease she is she refused to give us any information or hints (despite me trying very hard!)
Today was the big day, and what a great day it was.
This is where we ended up...
Nothing that special from the outside apart from the gorgeous sign, definitely does not give much of an idea of the delights to come when you step through the door
Below is where we had our first break for tea and coffee, served in vintage tea pots with cups and saucers. Later on we had lunch, and finally cake and artisan bread to take away. The food is highly recommended as are the lovely ladies who run the tea room!
Could you have resisted, I ask?!
I brought home 2 very generous slices of the St. Clements cake to share with Mr Bramble, and probably the youngest boy too if I really have to!
I had a lovely day with Mrs Snippet and Seaside Girl (currently blogless but hopefully soon to be rectified, she's a great bargain hunter and keen photographer so the blog will be 'a sight for sore eyes' - love that expression!)
Here are some of the bits I bought, of course 'if money were no object' and payday wasn't a week away.....
(Mr Bramble and Youngest Boy both think this is uglier than the wall.)
I'll probably put this on the ugly bit of wall at the end of the garden next to my second seating area (I love calling it that, if you saw the size of my garden you'd understand why!!)
I also bought a printers tray but left it there. I was getting far too excitable talking to the lovely Miss Mabel...
(Click on the image to take you to the Facebook page)
If you can get there then do, it's well worth a visit.
A really lovely day, worth the suspense. Thanks to Mrs Snippet for the lovely experience - you spoil us Mrs S, and Seaside Girl for making it such a jolly, happy day.

Thanks for visiting
xXx


5 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs B-what a grand day out we had with Mrs S-Miss Mabel's is a truly great discovery-absolutely loved it there-Tea Room was fabulous-my Moroccan salad was very delicious-shame I was too full for any yummy cake-next time for sure!! Huge thanks to Mrs S-love our monthly days out!
    So sorry re your printers tray!
    Love Seaside Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Suzanne,
    Thank you for your wonderful comment and thank you for being a Follower. Too sweet! I will also be back to read your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nice one. That is a place to go. Will see maybe be heading there tomorrow. We need more places like that around sussex don't we ?????
    Have a good weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing-looking place!!! Wish I lived nearby - if only to get my hands on those cakes (ALL of them)!!!!! ;-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,
    Love your blog, fun postings. You are a wonderful crafter and love your sewing cupboard. Good luck with your new hydrangea plant.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX