Tuesday 9 July 2013

Catching up...

No crafting has come out of my craft room recently, but we have managed to relocate the two wardrobes, other assorted furniture and bits and bobs inherited from Mr. B's parents.
We are currently having work done in the house, repairs mainly (the joys of an older property!) and then it will be on to decorating the kitchen and our bedroom so it may be a while before I can get in a good crafting session!
And then, of course, there is the lure of the garden in summer! Inspired by Bobbie Lynn who writes one of my favourite blogs, I had to buy these two roses
 
Rosa Mundi, an old cottage garden rose
and
Peter Pan, a patio rose.
I'm not sure where I am going to put them in my rather full garden!
Do you have a favourite plant?

5 comments:

  1. Hello Suzanne
    Your roses are beautiful I recently picked up a Rosa mundi. There really pretty, don't they smell lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are very busy with housey things! The roses are lovely. Sweet peas are my favourite summer flower but I love roses too.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so kind and I'm glad you enjoy my blog. Your Rosa Mundi is beautiful and hope it gives you lots a blooms. The patio rose (Peter pan) is a beautiful shade of red. I have been looking at all the mini roses and I do think I may add another one to the patio area and maybe a red one will do. Happy gardening to you and Yes, owning an older home is a lot of upkeep. But once you are done I'm sure it will be well worth it.
    Blessings,
    Bobbie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Mrs Bramble-love your new roses especially the Rosa Mundi-such a beautiful colour. My favourite type of plants are grasses-I adore them-I love that they are gorgeous all year round. Enjoy your garden and the wonderful weather we are having..
    Lots of love
    Seaside Girl Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have so many favourite plants, I wouldn't know where to start, but roses are pretty high, maybe even, top of that list. My all time favourite rose is the Queen Elizabeth I have growing in my garden. The Rosa Mundi is gorgeous. I also like foxgloves, columbines and hardy geraniums, to name but a few. The sun is making such a difference. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX