Saturday 16 February 2013

Crafty Individuals Challenge

As soon as I saw the theme for the CI Challenge for February I knew which stamp I would use - my current favourite Alice Palace design CI 372. I also knew I wanted to use it for a textile picture, I think these stamps lend themselves beautifully to use on fabric.
I also used my current favourite fabric to (hopefully) look like a meadow and a pale blue polka dot for the sky. I stamped the design on to the blue fabric and then again onto some tiny red polka dot fabric, cut out the crowns and attached them over the original image. I then cut out a red polka dot heart as the theme is 'For my Friend'.
Excuse the poor picture quality, I'm struggling with the light here!
I have to confess to loving this much more than I thought I would, I love the simplicity of the design and the spring like colours. Rather selfishly, I am NOT going to give this to a friend but keep it for myself! However, I am thinking of making something similar to sell at the craft fair.
There are some great entries to the challenge and a 25% discount on CI products just for entering. I see that there are two other entries using this design (both great), not surprising really as it's so perfect for the theme, pop over and take a look. 
 


9 comments:

  1. I love this! Ithink you should definitely make more for your craft fair :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne! Thank you for becoming my 50th follower!! I love what you have done with this fan stamp!!! I'm now following you too, Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely nod to springtime, wonderful and I agree you should make more for the craft fair x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your comment! I have come to visit you now thanks to your comment! What goes around comes around as they say! Lovely blog too! Happy commenting too! Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! Love it! I've never stamped onto fabric before, will be giving it a go. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stamped fabric looks great displayed on the hoop and loving the little red dotted crowns and heart. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea Suzanne - I love textile projects too. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month with those lovely bunnies. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original project! great work! bizz

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a lovely framed picture, just loving those bunnies glad you joined us at CI
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX