Sunday 24 February 2013

Two Wrongs and a Right

Today is one of those days where I'm finding crafting totally frustrating! Things just don't seem to be going right,
the much easier method I found for making a loose cover for a notebook isn't working (I can't get the measurements correct!) I've unpicked it and re sewn so many times it just looks a mess and I'll have to scrap it.
I have an idea to use up left over scraps of fabric. The prototype turned out acceptable, although very rough around the edges (literally). The next one however, was rubbish and will also be scrapped.
I am working on a commission for a brooch and that is going better thankfully.
This has cheered me up though, I commissioned a talented friend to make me some crochet coasters and here is the result. Don't think there's anything in that mug, I have to build up to that (don't want them ruined you understand!)
I suppose we all have days like this, don't we? I am going to cut my losses and go and have a lovely realxing hot bubbly bath, read my book and hope for more success with my crafting later.
I hope you are all having a super Sunday.
 


4 comments:

  1. Oh isn't it frustrating when things just don't turn out right. I think you made the right decision bubble bath and book sounds perfect. The crocheted coasters look gorgeous, too pretty to use. But I try and take a William Morris view of life 'Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.' and the coasters perfectly fit this quote.
    Enjoy what's left of the weekend.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very annoying when crafty things don't go right, I have had plenty of those days myself! Great blog you have.
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes and I just have to walk away from my project for a bit or a few days. I find if I keep on going on it, I will just mess it up more. I think a hot relaxing bath may just be the thing you need. Followed up with some tea or coffee and a sweet treat long the side.
    Blessings to you. : )
    P.S. thank you for your visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get what you mean here! I have those kinds of days too. VERY frustrating!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX