Wednesday 13 February 2013

Frenzied

I have so many ideas buzzing through my head for new things to make at the moment I can't keep up. I know myself well enough to accept that this will not last so I'm trying to make the most of it.
My friend Jane and myself have another craft fair planned for April, one of the things I had planned to make was loose covers for notebooks, I made one but it turned out to be very time consuming and I didn't really like the finish - the visible stitching on the outside bothered me and I won't sell it.
 After a tip off from a friend I bought this magazine at the weekend, I wasn't overly impressed on first reading it as it contained many projects that I'd already seen in books (this seems to be getting more common, doesn't it?)
BUT...it did contain a project to make a loose cover for a notebook, and it appeared to be a much more simple method than the way I had made mine.
As I didn't want to waste yet more fabric I decided to make a covered notebook for the Meet and Make group as it wouldn't matter too much if it wasn't perfect, and here it is...
not perfect, but a much simpler and neater way of doing it and 
practice makes perfect, so 'they' say.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Mrs Bramble-2 posts in one morning-you really must be frenzied! Your new way of covering notebooks looks brilliant-love to see it at Meet & Make on Friday!-fab fabrics by the way!!
    Seaside Girl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable. They will be a big seller.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time and will reply to you via the comments page so call back if you have time XX